Thursday, February 12, 2009

So sad

Today I was at a table with some of my preschoolers and one of the girls was singing. They are always singing, but usually it's Hannah Montanna, High School Musical, or songs we sing in chapel. The school policy is Christian or kids songs. Anyway I was at the table when one girl started singing the song "I kissed a girl". I have never heard the song until then and told her that it wasn't appropriate and please sing something else. She told me her parent and her sing it in the car. I was speechless it's bad enough to not be aware of what your child is listening to, but totally different to know and sing along. I was really sad that this five year old knows things that she shouldn't know whatever happened to kids being kids. I came home and looked it up because I thought maybe it's not that bad but it was even worse. Here is the video for the song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAp9BKosZXs

1 comment:

Martha said...

Spending time with preschoolers, although wonderfully rewarding at times, can also be heartbreaking. They just know too much at such a tender age and even those who don't know get caught up in the stupidity and think it's funny.

I didn't check the video. I'm not sure I want to.