Monday, April 27, 2009

It's cool in the furnace

This weekend Kaitlyn was in the Spring Musical "It's cool in the furnace" She loves to sing. This year Kaitlyn decided to try out for a speaking part and she got a small narrator part the only problem was Saturday during rehearsal when she went to take the microphone out she hit herself in the head. All day Saturday and Sunday she worried about doing it in front of everyone. She got the microphone out and did great. I know no church is perfect and I have complained about mine before, but I really do love all the kids programs they have. Last night after the performance me and Kaitlyn were talking and she said "Just think all that with Daniel, Shadrach, Meshack and Obeindigo really happened, God's pretty cool." I told her I completely agree.


4 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

How cute! Our church has a lot for children but it's far from perfect too.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I answered it there.

junglemama said...

Sounds like Kaitlyn had fun! i love to see the kids participate in church activities.

Stacy said...

My kids just did that in CBS! Very catchy tunes. And what a great way to cement the story in their young brains! ♥

Martha said...

Our church did "It's Cool in the Furnace" several years ago. Actually, it was our previous church and probably almost 10 years ago, but it seems like just yesterday. I loved it when all the kids pulled sunglasses out of their robes and put them on. Such great memories! Now some of those kids have grown up, graduated from high school or college, gotten married and, my goodness!, my own daughter had a child of her own!