Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Reagan's PJ's

I wanted to make Reagan some pajama's my mom always buys him some for Christmas, but I decided to make him. I work at a craft and store and have helped several people figure out how much fabric they need to make their project, so I thought how hard can it be. Last week we had a deal on fabric and patterns so I bought five patterns and enough fabric to make three pairs of pajama's. I hate to tell Simplicity but it was not so simple. Let's just say I don't think I'll be starting my own clothing line any time soon. The pants I kept sewing straight across so he couldn't get in them (sorry no pictures of that adventure, but you can get the general idea from my struggle from these pictures of the shirt adventure.)
This is a picture of me sewing the sleeve where the neck should go.








This is the sleeve inside out.
This is my wonderful husband helping me seam rip for the one hundredth. Isn't he great. (behind him is the quilt that I'm suppose to be working on before Christmas)
This is Reagan thrilled with his new pajamas. He found some train material I had in the bedroom and came out and said great now you start working on these.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

That's awesome. You made me laugh with all the pictures of the blunders! Good job on figuring it out though. And I love the tree.

Kathy Cassel said...

There was one year that I decided I was going to sew. I made matching pjs, Christmas outfits and a couple other things then decided I didn't really like it all that much. It doesn't come natural to me. I wondered why I was doing something that was so stressful for me. My mom, on the other hand can sew anything--well, could. She is in really poor health now. I miss her making the girl's Easter dresses. I find much more joy in browsing the Walmart clearance racks!!!!