Saturday, October 25, 2008

A crazy day

Today Kaitlyn had her school carnival, but since our church had a carnival tonight we decided not to take Reagan to Kaitlyn's carnival because we felt having two in one day would over stimulate him. Kailtyn's carnival was suppose to be outside but because of all the rain it got moved inside it was fun but very crowded. She was such a nice sister she used half of her tokens on her and half for her brother since he didn't get to go. After we got home I was very happy that we still had a few hours to relax and regroup before the next carnival (you other mom's out there already know no such luck) The kids were watching a tv show and I was in the other room when I start to hear Reagan crying I ask Reagan what's wrong and Kaitlyn comes in with a knife saying Reagan cut his self. Reagan's class carved pumpkins last week in preschool and Reagan thought we could carve Kaitlyn's so he asked her for a knife (they are out of his reach) and she gave it to him. I don't blame her for him getting hurt, but the other side of me inside was like what were you thinking. (I did not say this to her)Needless to say we had a long talk tonight about knifes. Reagan had to go the hospital and get two stiches, but once we got home he kept complaining and crying about being itchy I mean this kid was scratching like crazy. I thought ok if I get him to church we can meet up with John and Kaitlyn and he'll have fun and forget about it but as soon as we got there he was crying and itchy so I had to take him back to the hospital thinking maybe he's alergic but the doctor was not helpful at all she kept saying that maybe his costume was itchy, but he was doing this before I even changed him into his costume. Her only answer was to dope him up with Benadryl. It's just frusrating when doctors don't listen. Poor Reagan has been looking so forward to this carnival at church. We have been not eating out at all lately we use to eat out constantly but when we sat down and seen how much money we waste we have been eating at home. Today Reagan saw a comercial for Mcdonals and has been asking all day to go and we keep saying no, so when we left the hospital for the second time and couldn't go back to the carnival He looks up at me with those brown eyes and says "If I can't go to the carnival I think I need a happy meal real bad" how can I say no to that. So we got Mcdonals and rented a movie and had a picnic in the living room which is a huge deal to him because we only eat at the table.



Here is Reagan dressed up like Woody at the hosptal for the second time.

1 comment:

Kathy Cassel said...

Aww. Poor guy. Jasmine can't stand some types of clothing touching her. Have to look for dresses with no taffeta or lace for Christmas.

We have both carnivals this weekend too but different days thank goodness!

Jasmine used pumpkin decals for her pumpkin so we didn't carve it. But I think digging out the goop is a right of passage : )